Police probe ammunition parcel delivered to bank MD in Lagos

Date:

Police probe ammunition parcel delivered to bank MD in Lagos

The Lagos State Police Command has begun an investigation into the delivery of a suspicious parcel containing live ammunition to the Managing Director of FirstBank, Oluwasegun Alebiosu.

Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Tijani Fatai, disclosed this on Tuesday during a press briefing at the command headquarters, saying detectives had commenced investigations to determine the circumstances surrounding the incident.

According to the police commissioner, the matter was reported on May 7, 2026, after Alebiosu discovered two rounds of 7.62mm live ammunition concealed in a package delivered to him.

Tijani said the parcel was initially received by the bank executive’s security guard before it was handed over to him.

“The Managing Director reported the matter to the police after discovering two rounds of 7.62mm live ammunition in a parcel collected on his behalf.

“The case is still under investigation, and we are treating it with the seriousness it deserves,” Tijani said

Sources familiar with the incident said the parcel was delivered to Alebiosu’s residence in the Ikoyi area of Lagos through a dispatch rider.

The package was reportedly marked confidential and bore only the recipient’s name and address, with no information identifying the sender.

According to the commissioner, no arrest had been made in connection with the incident, adding that investigators were pursuing several leads.

Tunji added that detectives are also examining information provided by the complainant regarding persons who may have knowledge of or involvement in the matter.

He noted that forensic and intelligence-led investigations were ongoing to establish the source of the parcel and identify anyone connected to the delivery.

The commissioner assured residents that the command would provide updates as the investigation progresses.

The incident comes amid heightened concerns over the security of corporate executives and other high-profile individuals in the country.

Olugbenga Ige

Olugbenga Ige is a journalist at Punch Newspapers with over nine years of professional reporting experience. He is known for his sharp eye for compelling stories and a strong instinct for identifying newsworthy developments. Over the years, Olugbenga has built a reputation for turning leads into clear, engaging, and well-structured reports that resonate with readers. His work reflects deep newsroom experience, editorial judgment, and a commitment to accurate, impactful journalism.

Stay informed and ahead of the curve! Follow The Punch Newspaper on WhatsApp for real-time updates, breaking news, and exclusive content. Don’t miss a headline – join now!

Join The Punch Newspapers Channel

Stay in the know—fast. Get instant alerts, breaking headlines, and exclusive stories with the Punch News App. Download now and never miss a beat.

Get the Punch News App

Source: Punch Newspapers – Latest News

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

How a midnight roadside emergency inspired an AI care solution 

Share Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link At about 11 p.m. on a Lagos Island highway, Ibukun Tunde-Oni, a medical doctor, was involved in an accident that would expose the fragility of emergency healthcare in Nigeria. Despite being a doctor, he waited by the…

‘I’m sick of Nigerians acting lawless’ – Jemima Osunde reacts to unruly driver 

Nollywood actress, Jemima Osunde has expressed anger after a road user allegedly drove against traffic in Lagos, saying she refused to give way to the

Okocha: Bayern Munich Turned Me Down In 1991 Because Of My Age

Former Super Eagles midfielder Austin Okocha has disclosed that Bayern Munich wanted to sign him in 1991, but the deal did not happen because he was under 18 years old. Table of Contents Toggle Recall that Okocha played with Bayern Munich’s youth team at a…

‘This team gave everything’: Rasheedat Ajibade breaks silence after Super Falcons’ World Cup heartbreak

Ajibade took to X on Sunday to address Nigerian supporters, acknowledging the magnitude of the disappointment while defending the commitment of the team The post ‘This team gave everything’: Rasheedat Ajibade breaks silence after Super Falcons’ World Cup heartbreak appeared first on Premium Times Nigeria.